The Account Manager will work directly with the customers on a daily basis, be responsible for building relationships with ASO accounts, manage current process flow for “program” accounts and proactively seek out customer solutions. The Account Manager is responsible to work with the Sales Coordinator in fulfilling day-to-day operational execution requirements for the needs of multiple key customer accounts. This role will also work on new business development. This position reports to the Sales Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary:
• Identify opportunities for new growth and customer development
• Develop and maintain supply agreements and ad opportunities with ASO key accounts
• Negotiate and manage programmed sales to existing and prospective retail customers
• Sell to a broad selection of accounts including wholesale, retail, processing and foodservice customers
• Interact up and down the supply chain (transportation, warehouses, growers) to ensure successful relationships with customers
• Communicate industry information and trends; compile and analyze reports
• Maintain sales targets and category growth
• Manage problem arrivals and customer credits
• Assist in customer meetings and presentations
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with a minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience managing customer accounts
• Fresh Produce / Organics knowledge and sales experience highly desirable
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft, Word and Excel
• Excellent communication (verbal, written, and interpersonal), analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to integrate current customer experiences and contacts commensurate with ASO customer list and priorities
• Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to stay focused in an active environment and to remain calm under pressure and competing priorities
• Aware of the “big picture” while maintaining focus on details
• Long term focused
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret common communications. Ability to respond to common inquires or from employees and customers. Ability to write clearly and present numerical data efficiently. Ability to communicate and effectively present information to customers and team.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate rate, ration and percent.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of information and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Variations in conditions may occur under certain circumstances.
• This job is performed indoors approximately 100% of the time.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee sometimes works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to the risk of electric shock, and moves up and down stairs.
• Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• The temperature of the work environment is moderate indoors and ranges from 60 to 80 degrees.
• Seldom (0-5%): crawl, kneel, and reach above shoulders.
• Occasionally (6-33%): squat, bend, twist, walk stand.
• Frequently (34-66%): sit, reach with hands and arms, grasp with hands and fingers.
• Continuously (67-100%): use hands to finger; see (including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus); hear and speak; key (i.e., computer, 10-key calculator, writing instrument, and telephone).
Machines, Tools, and Equipment:
• Occasionally (6-33%): automobile.
• Frequently (34-66%): copier and fax.
• Continuously (67-100%): computer, 10-key calculator, writing instrument and telephone.
• During peak season (June – August) the Account Manager may be required to work overtime with little or no PTO.
• After hours calls and emails as needed.
• Occasional travel to represent Awe Sum Organics at trade shows, conventions, and customer locations.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email here.
We look forward to hearing from you!